Chef Rohit Sangwan is the Executive Sous Chef at The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai. This culinary genius is especially partial to all things sweet and buttery. With over 16 years of experience in the Banquets, Bakery and Patisserie, Chef Rohit has trained in Paris, Malaysia and with most recently with Alan Ducasse. Voted as the best Chef of the Year by the EazyDiner Awards in 2017, Chef Rohit is definitely everyones favourite chef!
1. The main influences that made me interested in food and cooking as a career
-The main influences that made me interested in food and cooking as a career were my love for food and eating good food.
2. My earliest memory in the kitchen
-My earliest memory in the kitchen is my memory of helping in the kitchen as a child.
3. My favourite dish from childhood
-My favourite dish from childhood is butter chicken and naan.
4. My favourite dish to cook
-My favourite dish to bake is a nice moist travel cake.
5. A cuisine that I want to learn
-A cuisine that I want to learn is Austrian desserts which are also on my To-Do List.
6. My secret to great food
-My secret to great food is great ingredients and execution.
7. The last cookbook I bought
-The last cookbook that I bought is Bite by Bite by Peter Callahan.
8. A culinary show or movie that I love to watch
-A culinary show or movie that I love to watch is Raja,Rasoi aur Anya Kahaniyaan.
9. In my free time, I would like to
-In my free time, I would like to experiment with the new and upcoming trends of the food industry.
10. My guilty pleasure
- My guilty pleasure Caramel and Butter!
11. I will describe my restaurant/hotel to a first time guest
-I will describe my restaurant/hotel to a first time guest as an Enchanting experience that makes you indulge into all your senses.
12. 4-5 personal tips that I would like share
- 4-5 personal tips I would like to share are:
The Taj Mahal Palace
Apollo Bunder, Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400001 India
T: +91 22 6665 3000