Zaitooni Paneer Tikka
By Executive Chef Selvaraju Ramasamy
- Mix the green olives, chillies, ginger, cheese, cashew nut paste and about a tablespoon of crumbled paneer together.
- Adjust the seasoning and mix in the green cardamom, mace powder.
- Cut the paneer into desired shape. Make a pocket in the paneer and stuff the above mixture.
- Mix together the curd, white pepper, lemon juice and salt.
- Dip the stuffed paneer in this marinade and soak overnight.
- You may cook the kebabs in a tandoor if available or an oven. If using oven, finish the kebabs on a tawa to give the golden color.
- Heat up a pan, put oil and chana dal and urad dal. Sauté them till brown, add mint and coriander. Again, sauté. Then add grated coconut, cook and then grind with tamarind pulp.
- Serve with mint chutney.
- Paneer – 500 gms
- Green Chillies – minced 2 nos
- Ginger – minced 2 teaspoon
- Green Olives – roughly chopped 2 tablespoons
- Hung curd – 100 gms
- Cashew nut paste – 2 tablespoon
- Grated Cheese – 100 gms
- Green cardamom powder – to taste
- Mace powder – to taste
- Crushed black pepper and salt – to taste
- White pepper powder – to taste
- Coriander -100gms
- Green chille-20gms
- Urad dal-30gms
- Chana dal-30gms
- Tamarind pulp-25to30gms