Tapenade Crusted Atlantic Salmon
By Executive Chef Sameer Shah
Method of preparation:
- Pre heat oven to 180o c, Season salmon with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place on the hot plate and sear on both sides for approximately 1 minute. Place in oven for 3-5 minutes.
- After 3-5 minutes, remove salmon from oven and spread with tapenade. Place back in oven to finish cooking, approximately 5-10 minutes, depending on the desired doneness.
- To plate, place salmon on top bed of sautéed asparagus and zucchini petals, place grilled turned potatoes beside the vegetables and spoon morel sauce over.
- Just before serving add tomato and herbs for garnish.
- Coarsely chop together kalamata olive, green olives, garlic and olive oil.
For Morel sauce:
- Boil white wine and shallots over moderate heat until liquid reduces to half the quantity.
- Lift pan from the heat add butter and whisk constantly
- Then season to taste and pass sauce through a mess sieve, add chopped soaked morels.
- 60 ml - Oil
- 900 gms - atlantic salmon
- 600 gms - Potato
- 10 gms - morels
- 40 gms - butter
- 30 ml - cream
- 20 gms - salt
- 20 gms - capers
- 20 gms - green olives
- 250 gms - asparagus
- 20 gms - garlic
- 250 gms - potatoes
- 100 gms - carrot
- 100 gms - zucchini
- 40 gms - Kalamata olives