Seafood Salad on a Bed of Mint and Cucumber
By Executive Sous Chef Ramit Kohli
Kataifi wrapped Cajun spiced prawn
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Devein and marinate prawn with the Cajun spice, salt and olive oil. Set aside for an hour.
- Roll kataifi pastry over the marinated prawn until neatly covered.
- Place the wrapped prawn on a baking tray and cover with silver foil. Bake at 180 digress Celsius for 6 minutes.
- Remove the prawn from the oven and baste with a little melted butter.
- Bake again for 2 minutes (without the foil). This will ensure that the pastry gets a beautiful golden colour.
- In a bowl, prepare the tartare sauce by combining half the mayonnaise with the chopped olive, gherkin, capers and dill. Set aside.
- Take three slices of smoked salmon and apply the chunky tartare sauce on each of them. Roll neatly to make cigars.
Crab tartare filled smoked salmon
- In a medium-sized pan, heat a spoon of olive oil. Add the chopped onion, celery and sauté till translucent. Add the minced crab and cook well. Adjust seasoning. Set aside to cool.
- Add the remaining tartare sauce to the minced to make crab tartare.
- Fill crab meat mixture inside last slice of smoked salmon left over slice and give it a desired shape. Set aside.
Carpaccio of wine poached scallop
- Season the scallop with salt & pepper.
- Poach in white wine till cooked.
- When the scallop is warm thinly slice it. Set aside.
Grilled red snapper
- Marinate the sliced red snapper with salt, black pepper and cook on a griddle.
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise with garlic juice and saffron water.
- Arrange the five seafood elements along with the daikon on a medium-sized plate
- Pipe the saffron aioli into small dots on the plate.
- Garnish with the balsamic reduction.
- Pour the mint cucumber juice.
- Medium-sized deshelled prawn - 1 no.
- Kaitafi pastry - 100 gms
- Cajun spice mix - ½ tsp
- Salt To taste
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Sliced red snapper - 100 gms
- Saffron infused water - 1 tsp
- Garlic juice - 1 tsp
- Mayonnaise - 1 tbsp
- Butter For basting
- Minced crab - 1 tbsp
- Chopped onion - 1 tbsp
- Chopped celery - 1 tbsp
- Chopped black olive - ½ tsp
- Minced capers - ½ tsp
- Chopped gherkin - 1 tsp
- Sliced smoked salmon - 4 slices
- Scallop - 1 no.
- White wine (for poaching) - ½ cup
- Chopped dill - 2 tsp
- Sliced daikon - 4 slices
- Cucumber and mint juice - ½ cup
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Balsamic reduction - To garnish