Quinoa and Green Peas Upma
By Executive Chef Sandip Narang
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Take quinoa in a fine strainer and rinse well in running water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan crackle mustard seeds then add on urad dal and moong dal.
- When the lentil get golden brown color add finely chopped ginger, green chilies, red chili and pinch of asafetida and sauté for few minutes.
- Add finely chopped onion and curry leaves, sauté till onion become translucent.
- Add frozen green peas and mix well, Add the quinoa also and sauté for few minutes.
- Then add the water and stir well, add salt as per taste.
- Cover the pan with lid and simmer on a low flame till the quinoa seeds are cooked.
- Stir once it’s being simmered.
- When all the water has been absorbed and grains appear translucent and is cooked well, Remove the lid and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with fresh coconut chutney.
- 200grams Quinoa
- 2tbsp oil
- 1 no: onion
- 20 gram chopped ginger
- 10 gram chopped chilies
- 1 dry red chili
- To taste asafetida
- 5 curry leaves
- 2 grams mustard seeds
- 2gram urad dal
- 2gram moong dal
- 100 gram green peas
- 300ml water
- 20 grams coriander leaves
- To taste salt