By Ajay Negi
By Chef de Cuisine - Ajay Negi
- Wash and clean the fish fillets and make some slits on them.
- Marinate them with salt and 2 tbsps. Lemon juice and leave in fridge for 20min
- Grind the coconut, chilies, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, oil and sugar.
- Add salt to this mixture as well.
- The consistency of the mixture should be thick.
- Next take the banana leaves and cut them into half, clean them and wipe with a dry cloth.
- Brush little oil on the leaves.
- Coat the fillets with the herb marinade and leave in the fridge for 30min.
- Place 1 masala coated fish fillet in the center of each piece of banana leaf and fold like a pouch
- Steam for 10min or cook on a griddle 5 min each side.
- Serve with lemon wedges and onion rings.
- White fish - 4 fillets
- Coconut grated - 100gm
- Fresh Coriander - 1 bunch
- Green Chilies - 2nos
- Ginger - 2inch
- Garlic Cloves - 3 nos
- Lemon juice - 1 no
- Oil - 2tbsps
- Salt to taste
- Sugar a pinch
- Banana leaves - 3nos (Baking Parchment)