Pan Seared Sea Bass, Pommery Tossed Vegetables
By Executive Sous Chef Ramit Kohli
Pan-seared sea bass
- Marinate the fish with salt, crushed black pepper and lemon juice. Set aside for 15 to 20 mins.
- Julienne halves of the carrot and zuchinni and keep aside.
- Arrange the julienned vegetables inside the fish fillets and roll. Tighten and tie using kitchen thread.
- Sear the fish rolls on a hot plate.
- Finish in a pre-heated oven covered with silver foil for 5 minutes at around 200 degrees.
Pommery tossed vegetables
- Using a mandolin slicer, slice the remaining halves of the carrot and zucchini.
- Toss them on a medium flame in a pan with some pommery mustard.
Orange dill emulsion
- Heat the orange juice in a pan on a low flame and reduce till it becomes one fourth of its orginal quantity. Add salt, chopped dill and fresh cream and mix well.
- Arrange fish steak, vegetables on a plate and spoon the sauce on top. Serve hot.
- Orange juice - 1 cup
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Sea bass steaks - 2 no.s
- Chopped fresh dill - 1 tbsp
- Fresh lemon juice - 1 ½ tbsp
- Green zucchini - 1 no.
- Yellow zucchini - 1 no.
- Carrot - 1 no.
- Pommery mustard - 1 tsp
- Sea salt - To taste
- Black pepper powder - 1 tsp