Orange Glazed Poached King Prawn on Fennel Heart Sorbet
By Executive Sous Chef Atul Upadhyay
- Clean, trim and slice the fennel bulbs.
- Reduce the orange juice on a low flame with a splash of wine, bouquet garni and the orange peel. Remove the bouquet garni, orange peel and set side.
- Prepare a coulis on a low flame using liquid glucose, salt and around 15 ml of the orange reduction. Freeze until solid and churn.
- Poach the prawn, cool and reserve it in the rest of the orange reduction.
- To serve, arrange a scoop of the sorbet in a salad bowl and place the poached prawn on top. Spoon out caviar and garnish with some soft herbs, gold leaf and edible flowers.
- King prawn - 2 no.s
- Fennel Hearts - 150 gms
- Orange juice - 50 ml
- Liquid Glucose - 20 ml
- Salt - a pinch
- Bouquet garni - 20 gm
- White wine - 30 ml
- Orange peel - Of half an orange
- Butter - 10 gm
- Salmon roe - 5 gm
- Soft herbs, gold leaf and edible flowers