By Chef de Cuisine Amninder Sandhu
- Boil green peas with salt until tender and drain. Make sure there is no water.
- Blend them in a mixer grinder to a coarse paste.
- In a heavy bottom pan heat ghee and sauté the blended green pea mixture for ten minutes until it starts leaving the sides of the pan. Add salt, jawatri elaichi powder and yellow chili powder.
- Make a mixture of fried cashew nut, grated cheddar cheese, chopped ginger, green chilies and mint. This mixture is the stuffing into the green pea patty.
- Divide the green peas mixture into even sized balls. Put a teaspoon of stuffing into each flattened ball and shape them like a patty/tikki.
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan or tawa and shallow fry till crisp and brown on each side.
- Serve hot with fresh mint chutney.
- 1kg green peas
- 20gms green chilly chopped
- 50ml ghee
- 30gms mint leaves
- 5gms jawatri elaichi powder
- 5gms yellow chilli powder
- 50gm fried cashewnuts
- 30gm grated cheddar cheese
- 25gm ginger chopped
- Salt to taste