By Executive Chef Nitin Mathur
Lamb shank curry from Firdaus. The richness of the smooth curry and the aroma from the dish full of shanks will have you crave for more.
- Marinate the mutton shanks with ginger garlic paste salt and chili powder keep it for an hour
- Heat oil in a vessel. Add whole garam masala. When it starts crackling add ginger garlic paste and start to sauté.
- Add mutton shanks. Sauté well for 2 to 5minutes,then add chili powder and salt. Sauté further for some time.
- Add mutton stock to the vessel and cover with the lid and cook further for 40 minutes. Add brown onion paste and cook till lamb is done
- Check for seasoning, add garam masala powder. Serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves.
- Mutton Shanks - 5 pc
- Oil - 2-3 tbl spoon
- Cinnamon sticks - 2 pc
- Green cardamom - 4 pc
- Black cardamom - 2 pc
- Bay leaves - 2pc
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder - 1tsp
- Mutton stock - 4 cups
- (Fry onions to golden brown, cool and make a paste in blender)
- Brown onion paste - 4 table spoon
- Garam masala powder - a pinch