Mille Feuille With Cinnamon Cream, Nuts And Honey
By Executive Chef Abhijeet Thakre
- Cut the filo sheets in 10 cm by 10 cm squares and brush them with butter.
- Spread the sheets on a baking sheet and bake them at 180 degrees for 6 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine the cream, milk and sugar and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Remove the cream-milk mixture from the heat and transfer it to a double-boiler. Add the egg yolk while continuously stirring the mixture.
- Add cinnamon and stir till the mixture thickens. Add butter and allow it to cool.
- Crush all the nuts. Mix them with honey and butter.
- To serve: Arrange the filo sheets in alternate layers of cream and nuts. Drizzle honey over the top.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Filo sheets - 2 no.s
- Butter - 100 gms
- Almonds - 20 gms
- Cashew nut - 20 gms
- Pistachio - 20 gms
- Cream - 100 ml
- Milk - 50 ml
- Egg yolk - 4 no.s
- Cinnamon powder - A pinch
- Honey - 50 gms
- Sugar - 30 gms