By Executive Chef Asish Kumar Roy
- Heat oil in a pan, add cloves, whole red chilli, black and green cardamom and let them crackle.
- Add sliced onion and sauté till it becomes golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste to it and sauté again for 5 minutes.
- Add lamb pieces to it and sauté for 10-15 minutes until the meat is seared properly.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli paste, salt and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the yoghurt and add into a lamb and sauté on medium flame for 10 minutes, then keep it on simmer (slow flame) and let the mutton cook slowly. Add little water or stock if required at any stage.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Once the lamb is cooked, serve it hot with some chopped coriander leaves sprinkled on top.
- Mutton cut in 1 piece (goat meat) - 600 gms
- Cooking oil - 150 ml
- Cloves - 5 nos
- Black cardamom (crushed) - 3 no.
- Green cardamom - 5 nos
- Whole red chilly - 5 nos
- Onion (sliced) - 200 gms
- Ginger garlic (paste) - 3 tablespoons
- Turmeric paste - 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli paste - 2 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Curd (yoghurt) - 200 gms
- Coriander leaves (chopped) for garnish