By Chef Asish Kumar Roy
- A hilsa stock is prepared using the wastage, head and bones of the fish.
- The stock is used for making the rice for the pulao.
- The darne cut hilsa is washed, and marinated with salt and turmeric and fried in a pan.
- The same oil is used for tempering the kalonji, and garlic.
- Which is followed by the addition of a brown onion and cashew gravy in which the rice is tossed.
- The fried hilsa is placed in the centre of the plate and surrounded with the rice.
- Garnish with fried juliennes of green chilli and brown onion.
- Serve hot.
- Onion - 20 gm
- Ginger - 3 gm
- Jeera powder - 2 gm
- Salt - 2 gm
- Turmeric powder - 2 gm
- Brown onion - 5 gm
- Basmati rice - 25 gm
- Julienne of green Chilli - 3 gm
- Mustard oil - 5 ml
- Cashewnut - 1 gm
- Kalonji - 5 gm
- Elish Stock - 100 gm
- Ghee - 5 ml