Dana Methi Aur Amchoor Ki Subzi
By Executive Chef Asish Kumar Roy
- Heat ghee and oil in a lagan
- Add cinnamon, green cardamom & crackle them.
- Add sliced onion, make them brown, add ginger-garlic paste, cook well until golden brown.
- Add the remaining spices and cook for a minute.
- Add the nalli, cook well to dry up moisture
- Add 1.5 liter of water, give one boil & simmer till the nalli is done.
- Finish with garam masala, saffron.
- Check seasoning.
- Ready to serve.
- Dried Fenugreek seeds (Dana methi) - 1 cup
- Dried raw mango (Amchoor) - ½ cup
- Mustard oil - ¼ cup
- Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ½ teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - ½ teaspoon
- Coriander seeds (soaked in water) - 1 teaspoon
- (peel the little husk off and pop out the seeds and use mortar and pestle to crush the inside part of the seeds. It isn't difficult; they separate from the husk easily)
- Garlic paste - ½ teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- Jaggery - 1 tablespoon