Charcoal Grilled Lamb Chops
By Executive Chef Md. Shahid Hossain
For the marinade:
- In a large bowl mix olive oil, activated charcoal powder, garlic, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper to make the marinade.
- Marinate the chops nicely and make sure they are coated well with marinade.
- Roast the pumpkin and make a puree with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Cut the broccoli and asparagus; blanch it and sauté in olive oil with salt and pepper.
To cook the lamb:
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Put the chops on the grill and cook until done.
- For medium, they take about 4 minutes on each side.
- Do not overcook them for best flavour and texture.
- Spread the pumpkin puree, arrange the lamb chops and vegetables with roast potatoes and pour the jus.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs.
- New Zealand lamb - 240 gms
- Activated charcoal powder - 1 teaspoon
- Dijon mustard - 1 tablespoon
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Olive oil - 1/3 cup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Broccoli - 30 gms
- Pumpkin puree - 2 tablespoon
- Potato - 25 Gms (cut in dices and oven-roasted)
- Cherry tomatoes - 1 No. (Cut in halves)
- Fresh rosemary - 5 gms
- Asparagus - 25 gms.
- Demi glaze - 2 tablespoon