Cappuccino of Porcini with Herbs Foam
By Chef Sumant Dadhwal
- Grind 1-2 dried mushrooms to a powder, keep aside for garnishing. Soak remaining porcini mushrooms in warm water for 30 minutes, then roughly chop them.
- Wash and roughly chop the button mushrooms.
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil and butter in a pan.
- Add mushrooms and water, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend the mixture in a blender.
- Strain though a fine strainer, return the mixture to the pan.
- Cook and season the mixture with salt and pepper. Add the cream.
- Serve in a soup cup, garnish with milk foam, chopped herbs and porcini mushroom powder.
- Porcini mushroom - 50 gms
- Button mushroom - 100 gms
- Onion, chopped - 20 gms
- Garlic, chopped - 10 gms
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
- Cream - 20 ml
- Olive oil - 20 ml
- Butter - 10 gms